dailybell: Sunrise - 3/7/20 Oakland, CA by Eric Kupers

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Sunrise - 3/7/20 Oakland, CA by Eric Kupers

Sunrise 6:31 AM – 3/7/20
Oakland, CA.

by Eric Kupers

The cross fade from
dream of trying to get everyone into a circle
pushing, clamping down, making it MY way

Into a headful state
Pushing mindfulness techniques
pushing, clamping down, making it MY way

Finally stepping outside
Greeted by gentleness
Halfway between drizzle and mist
A reminder to soften, from skin inwards

The birds’ song just far enough away
Just soft enough
to remind me again

I love days of cloud, and fog, and rain
I can take off my mask
I can breathe
Un-squint my eyes, forehead, jaw

It’s okay to be sad today
And that makes me happy

Let go of mindfulness
Let’s try bodyfulness
skyfulness
groundfulness
Let’s invite drizzle-mist

No comments: