5:18PM Oakland, CA
Soon after beginning the dailybell2008 project, my Godson Kazimir was born, and we have spent as many Fridays together as possible since then. He now has a baby sister who is just about the same age as Kazimir was when he first started to join us for the bell ringing. (In his case, it was a more oral than aural experience).
Now as his sister carries on the oral bell tradition, Kazimir has become more interested in the videotaping than the bell ringing while Krys and I comfortably observe the passing of the day together. (FYI: That's the new and improved mosh pit in the background).
Links of Interest
- Equinox vs Equilux- ever wonder?
- Brenda's website
- Sunrise Sunset Calendar
- Solstice audio recordings from around the world
- FAQ's about the Earth's Rotation
- Ask an Astrophysicist
- Huna Wisdom
- environmental awareness ringing endorsement
- December Sun Watchers AUDIO ARCHIVE
- Daily Radio - December Sun Watching Schedule
- Baylink Bus Schedules
- Golden Gate Ferry Schedules
- Hiroshima Peace Bridge
- Total Solar Eclipse in China- 8/1/08
- Equinox Information
- Map of California Fires June 2008
- Manhattan Stonehenge 5/28/08 PM
- Summer Solstice Information
- Meridian Interns' Videos
- NY Times article - No Quasimodo... 2/8/08
- More Equinox Info
- Adria recommends this book about El Camino Bells
- Adria's link to info about El Camino Bells
- Anti-Salvation Army?
Friday, January 20, 2012
5:18PM Oakland, CA
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 11:09 PM
Monday, January 16, 2012
This place may look familiar from among the last round of daily videos in 2008. Time has not passed unnoticed however. The prayer flags have come and gone and come again. The garden is more wild and varied. The tree is taller, as is Jenny's nephew who is now in the middle of Kindergarten. Welcome back!
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 7:13 PM