Links of Interest
- Equinox vs Equilux- ever wonder?
- Brenda's website
- Sunrise Sunset Calendar
- Solstice audio recordings from around the world
- FAQ's about the Earth's Rotation
- Ask an Astrophysicist
- Huna Wisdom
- environmental awareness ringing endorsement
- December Sun Watchers AUDIO ARCHIVE
- Daily Radio - December Sun Watching Schedule
- Baylink Bus Schedules
- Golden Gate Ferry Schedules
- Hiroshima Peace Bridge
- Total Solar Eclipse in China- 8/1/08
- Equinox Information
- Map of California Fires June 2008
- Manhattan Stonehenge 5/28/08 PM
- Summer Solstice Information
- Meridian Interns' Videos
- NY Times article - No Quasimodo... 2/8/08
- More Equinox Info
- Adria recommends this book about El Camino Bells
- Adria's link to info about El Camino Bells
- Anti-Salvation Army?
Monday, February 8, 2016
Monday, February 1, 2016
February 1, 2016.
Sunrise 7:07 AM.
Morning trains running over the Williamsburg Bridge after a quiet weekend off for repairs. Many thanks to Linda Montano for the grand bell and for the January Challenge. The monthly challenge for February is brewing…
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 6:30 PM
Saturday, January 23, 2016
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Sunday, January 17, 2016
January 17, 2016. Sunset 4:54PM.
Better late than never-- The first snowfall of the winter in Brooklyn. Looking (through a very dirty window) at rush hour traffic on the Williamsburg Bridge, my friend Ana and I accompany the sunset.
And the days grow longer still…
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 8:08 PM
Sunday, January 10, 2016
Each New Year's Eve, I've recommitted to the daily observation of the sunrise and sunset. The original premise- that it is possible to affirm our connection to one another and to the natural world through participation in a shared, elemental experience hasn't changed.
As each new year dawns, I like to come up with a different way to invite others to join the project. 2016 is a leap year, as was 2008 when the project began. It seems mildly auspicious and a good excuse to propose something major.
Each month we will offer up a new challenge for observing the sunrise and or sunset.
At the end of the year, we will have a calendar of sorts, made up of whatever media, questions and musings have occurred along the way.
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 8:51 PM
January 10, 2016
The sunrise has finally begun moving earlier after 10 days of sitting at 7:20AM here in Brooklyn.
|Sunrise 7:19 AM. Broadway- Brooklyn, NY|
Listen to the rain this morning.
|Sunset 4:46 PM. Looking towards the East River. Broadway- Brooklyn|
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 7:17 PM