March 4, 2014
Links of Interest
- dailybell Facebook page
- Equinox vs Equilux- ever wonder?
- Brenda's website
- Sunrise Sunset Calendar
- Solstice audio recordings from around the world
- FAQ's about the Earth's Rotation
- Ask an Astrophysicist
- Huna Wisdom
- environmental awareness ringing endorsement
- December Sun Watchers AUDIO ARCHIVE
- Daily Radio - December Sun Watching Schedule
- Baylink Bus Schedules
- Golden Gate Ferry Schedules
- Hiroshima Peace Bridge
- Total Solar Eclipse in China- 8/1/08
- Equinox Information
- Map of California Fires June 2008
- Manhattan Stonehenge 5/28/08 PM
- Summer Solstice Information
- Meridian Interns' Videos
- NY Times article - No Quasimodo... 2/8/08
- More Equinox Info
- Adria recommends this book about El Camino Bells
- Adria's link to info about El Camino Bells
- Anti-Salvation Army?
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
March 4, 2014
Sunrise 6:38 AM. San Francisco
My grandmother lived above her grandmother’s store when they were both raising their children. Her mother and my mother would get on the phone after dinner and keep each other company the rest of the evening until one of them fell asleep. Sheila and I were born within 3 months of one another (she was younger as she would want everyone to know). We got into a lot of trouble together in High School and then saw one another sporadically over the years. I always felt close to Sheila and took our special connection for granted.
I found out last night that she passed away after a long illness I knew nothing about.
It was with great sadness and regret that I observed the sunrise this morning and dedicate this moment to my friend’s memory. Goodbye Sheila. This world is a poorer place without you in it.
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 2:14 PM