Links of Interest
- Equinox vs Equilux- ever wonder?
- Brenda's website
- Sunrise Sunset Calendar
- Solstice audio recordings from around the world
- FAQ's about the Earth's Rotation
- Ask an Astrophysicist
- Huna Wisdom
- environmental awareness ringing endorsement
- December Sun Watchers AUDIO ARCHIVE
- Daily Radio - December Sun Watching Schedule
- Baylink Bus Schedules
- Golden Gate Ferry Schedules
- Hiroshima Peace Bridge
- Total Solar Eclipse in China- 8/1/08
- Equinox Information
- Map of California Fires June 2008
- Manhattan Stonehenge 5/28/08 PM
- Summer Solstice Information
- Meridian Interns' Videos
- NY Times article - No Quasimodo... 2/8/08
- More Equinox Info
- Adria recommends this book about El Camino Bells
- Adria's link to info about El Camino Bells
- Anti-Salvation Army?
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
This Friday, March 20th we celebrate the first day of spring and the vernal Equinox. And unless you live at the equator, you should also be able to celebrate the fact that we have already passed into longer days. It may be only by a minute or two, but we’re headed into the light.
FYI-Another bonus is the supermoon that will rise on the evening of the 20th. And if you live on the Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic, you will have a great view of the total solar eclipse during the day. (partial eclipse location info here)
It’s an unusually big kick off this year- Happy Spring!
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 8:35 PM