December 13, 2008
Sunset 4:29 PM Brooklyn, NY
It was brisk here today, even in the sunshine. So I just wandered out into the shelter of the back of the building at sunset to see what I could see and to say goodbye to the day. The trains rattled by on the bridge as usual and there was a steady stream of cars passing in both directions. There’s no way to see the sun from there, but it is possible to see some reflections in the windows of a very tall loft building on the other side of the bridge. A somewhat more subtle but prettier indicator is the pink reflection coming off the dome of the bank down the street. I watched the pink fade and checked in with the window across the way and just stood there ringing the bell each time it faded away. Eventually the color faded too.
Links of Interest
- dailybell Facebook page
- Equinox vs Equilux- ever wonder?
- Brenda's website
- Sunrise Sunset Calendar
- Solstice audio recordings from around the world
- FAQ's about the Earth's Rotation
- Ask an Astrophysicist
- Huna Wisdom
- environmental awareness ringing endorsement
- December Sun Watchers AUDIO ARCHIVE
- Daily Radio - December Sun Watching Schedule
- Baylink Bus Schedules
- Golden Gate Ferry Schedules
- Hiroshima Peace Bridge
- Total Solar Eclipse in China- 8/1/08
- Equinox Information
- Map of California Fires June 2008
- Manhattan Stonehenge 5/28/08 PM
- Summer Solstice Information
- Meridian Interns' Videos
- NY Times article - No Quasimodo... 2/8/08
- More Equinox Info
- Adria recommends this book about El Camino Bells
- Adria's link to info about El Camino Bells
- Anti-Salvation Army?
Saturday, December 13, 2008
December 13, 2008
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 11:30 PM
Friday, December 12, 2008
December 12, 2008
Sunrise 7:10 AM. Brooklyn, NY.
Connie and Liz stayed in Brooklyn with me overnight and we all got up to ring the bells this morning. It was too cold for me and too noisy to stay outside, so Liz and Connie greeted the day and the subway passengers. Connie also sang - very calmly in the face of all that noise. She and Liz recorded their greeting and we sent it to free103point9 for tomorrow’s daily broadcast.
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 7:00 PM