Links of Interest
- Equinox vs Equilux- ever wonder?
- Brenda's website
- Sunrise Sunset Calendar
- Solstice audio recordings from around the world
- FAQ's about the Earth's Rotation
- Ask an Astrophysicist
- Huna Wisdom
- environmental awareness ringing endorsement
- December Sun Watchers AUDIO ARCHIVE
- Daily Radio - December Sun Watching Schedule
- Baylink Bus Schedules
- Golden Gate Ferry Schedules
- Hiroshima Peace Bridge
- Total Solar Eclipse in China- 8/1/08
- Equinox Information
- Map of California Fires June 2008
- Manhattan Stonehenge 5/28/08 PM
- Summer Solstice Information
- Meridian Interns' Videos
- NY Times article - No Quasimodo... 2/8/08
- More Equinox Info
- Adria recommends this book about El Camino Bells
- Adria's link to info about El Camino Bells
- Anti-Salvation Army?
Friday, October 12, 2012
Sunset 6:37 PM
Grace Cathedral. San Francisco
One Friday each month, Grace Cathedral in San Francisco invites the public to come and walk their indoor labyrinth. Entering just before sunset, the Cathedral is glowing inside with the soft colored light coming in through the windows and from the flickering candles scattered about.
It really felt like a sanctuary, stepping over the threshold into that cavernous, reverberant space, the layers of sounds and years of incense immediately absorbing you into their texture. Karma Moffett was already playing- Tibetan bells- stirring or striking—deep and resonant. I thought, “Oh how perfect. The bells will already be ringing for sunset. I’ll just turn on my recorder when it’s time for the sunset and capture those beautiful bells”.
HA! After playing the bells for more than half and hour, at exactly the moment of sunset (and at the same time as I started recording), Mr. Moffett changed to those long Tibetan horns.
I hope you enjoy listening.
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 9:30 PM