dailybell: Crawling on the ground

Friday, January 4, 2008

Crawling on the ground

Before the sun was up this morning, I was on my hands and knees sliding the 100 lb. bell on its new steel stand across the concrete floor towards the opening of the garage. As I approached the opening, I happened to glance up and saw a person walking past my house. His coat was undone and it was whipping around him. He was holding onto his hat and bent so far forward into the wind that he was nearly parallel to the ground. As he passed in front of my house, he happened to look over to see me crawling on the ground with the bell. I wondered what he thought I was doing. But he was in such a hurry and it was early and raining very hard. So he didn’t stop to find out. I wonder if he told anyone about what he saw on his way to wherever he was going.

No comments: