Sunset. December 31, 2008 Leaving the Pamida grocery store in Bozeman, MT
Happy New Year!
I had no idea how many exceptionally generous and wonderful people I knew. I was and am overwhelmed and humbled by your support, creativity and generosity.
Regarding the Solstice- Thank you all for your kind and immediate offers of assistance and for the many fabulous solstice recordings you sent in on such short notice. That was beyond luck. The Solstice Sunwatch recordings are so incredible, and they would have never happened under ordinary circumstances. If I had to point to a single moment from this past year in terms of gauging the success of the dailybell2008 project, that was the moment. Thank you all; truly, from a part of myself I hadn’t known existed.
I have decided to continue to observe the sunrises and sunsets as a daily practice-- I really like it. I haven't figured out yet where to take the project but have some ideas.
In the meantime, let's continue to track the sun...
Links of Interest
- Equinox vs Equilux- ever wonder?
- Brenda's website
- Sunrise Sunset Calendar
- Solstice audio recordings from around the world
- FAQ's about the Earth's Rotation
- Ask an Astrophysicist
- Huna Wisdom
- environmental awareness ringing endorsement
- December Sun Watchers AUDIO ARCHIVE
- Daily Radio - December Sun Watching Schedule
- Baylink Bus Schedules
- Golden Gate Ferry Schedules
- Hiroshima Peace Bridge
- Total Solar Eclipse in China- 8/1/08
- Equinox Information
- Map of California Fires June 2008
- Manhattan Stonehenge 5/28/08 PM
- Summer Solstice Information
- Meridian Interns' Videos
- NY Times article - No Quasimodo... 2/8/08
- More Equinox Info
- Adria recommends this book about El Camino Bells
- Adria's link to info about El Camino Bells
- Anti-Salvation Army?
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Posted by Brenda Hutchinson at 10:17 PM