dailybell: So Many Birds in the Mornings

Friday, October 31, 2008

So Many Birds in the Mornings

10/17/08
SF 7:21 AM
I was so impressed by how loud it was yesterday that I made an audio recording this morning. I don’t know why, but there are so many more birds out at this time of the day. Birds can’t tell time and I had always thought that their schedule followed the sun. But now I’m not so sure. Maybe it’s simply seasonal and there are in fact more birds around this time of year. Who knows?

10/23/08
SF 7:27 AM
There won’t be too many more mornings where the sun rises this late and the weather is this nice. I decided last night that I would wander around outside a bit in the morning and record the activity (audio). Even though there are so many more birds just now, it’s so late in the day already that the engines have already built up and there is a general din of cars, trams, and other machines. Still, it’s nice to have company on the street these mornings. I just caught my neighbor across the street returning home with his puppies.

No comments: