dailybell: My Lucky Day and Foggy Night

Monday, February 11, 2008

My Lucky Day and Foggy Night

I can't multi-task. On the way home I stopped to pick up some dinner I had ordered. While I was sitting in my car waiting for my food to be ready, I was talking on the cell phone. While chatting away, I put my keys away in my purse, got out of the car, locked the door and started to cross the street before I realized I had left my purse on the car seat. My bag of bells was also on the seat.

Fortunately I had my wallet in my pocket so after I picked up my dinner and called AAA I decided to try to find a bell to ring. Just in case. It was nearing sundown and I had no idea how long it would take the AAA guy to come. Again, I was lucky enough to be parked in front of a hardware store so I went inside and asked if they had any bells. They didn't have much of a selection, but they did have a cowbell. With a picture of a cow on it.

This must have been my lucky day, because the AAA man came and got my car open in time for me to grab the camera and run to the corner. So that's the new cowbell ringing in the fog this evening.

No comments: