dailybell

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Anytime Café

Sunset 7:50 PM. New York City



During each sunrise or sunset this week, I would think, “Oh. I need to document one of these”, and then I’d forget about it. Completely. So this evening as I was sitting in the Anyway Café having dinner with my friend Maria, the sun began to set. I realized it was my last opportunity for the week to capture the moment so this is a spontaneous, rather clumsy grab in the dark from my iPhone. I apologise.

However, this is such a cozy and friendly place that it was a perfect place for the occasion.  In case it’s too dark to see what’s happening, the waitress came over to our table as she heard us ringing. She and Maria rang, sampled and critiqued the bells while I stepped outside to hear the sharp objections of a poor little dog at the end of the day.

If you are ever in the neighborhood, the Anyway Café is a really relaxed and comfortable environment. Good food, no hurry or pressure to give up your table. And for those who may be interested, they have flavored vodka.

No comments: