dailybell: What are your mornings like?

Saturday, January 26, 2008

What are your mornings like?

Wow. Since it’s been raining everyday and it’s about the same bleakness morning and night, I thought I would just do some audio recording this morning. As much as I like the convenience of the little movie camera, it really doesn’t sound great and I miss paying attention to the sound. The other morning I was so preoccupied with getting a nice image that I just jangles the bells to fill the space and it sounded exactly like that- mindless noise making.

So this morning I was all prepared to sit and just ring 2 of my favorite little bells for a while. Sound recording only. I thought it would make a nice change and I expected more of the same kind of cold rainy landscape when I woke up.

When my alarm went off, I was stunned. This was the first morning this year that the sky was as intensely colored as any of the few really pretty sunsets we’ve had so far. I was so excited. Yellow! I don’t remember any yellow in the mornings yet this year.

I’ll save the audio recordings for other days this week. It turns out that today was a short reprieve from the storms. Rain is expected all next week.

How about people in other parts of the country? What are your mornings like?

No comments: