dailybell: On the Road to new Jersey

Saturday, August 29, 2020

On the Road to new Jersey

AUGUST 29, 2020
I'm heading East to be with my father for his 91st Birthday on September 16. He is quite frail at this point and I want to be near him in the event that he needs any help. Since there is no way in hell that I am getting on an airplane, I figured I would take advantage of the road trip to stop and visit friends and family along the way.

I'll be following the northern route through Nevada, then into Montana to see my sister- Onwards to Michigan to visit my friend Kathy who I haven't seen in 20 years since the old Vagabond Vaudeville Days - then onto Ohio to stay with Lucy Chamberlain, my dear friend, Ann's sister. I love everyone along the way here and am looking forward to spending a few days with each of them.

There are a few holes in the itinerary and friends of friends have graciously volunteered their yards, garages and spare rooms for me to stay in overnight I find that overwhelmingly generous and brave these days in the face of covid and the unknown conseuqences of proximity. Many thanks and love to everyone --

I'll be posting along the way.
In the meantime-- Here's a little movie of my father, Hannah and Prince -- a favorite moment of mine-- I hope you enjoy.

No comments: