dailybell: I thought it would be random words

Friday, January 10, 2020

I thought it would be random words

January 10, 2020. Berkeley, CA.

I rang in the 7:24 am sunrise today. I took out my favorite temple bell from Japan and set it up in the garden. Here’s what I did:

1. Beginning at 7:22, I struck the large bell 10 times and rang a small bell. I took a video for part of it. (Sorry the beginning is a little shaky) I didn’t do 2 minutes of video because I thought it would be too large to send to you.

2. Then did a 1 minute recording on voice memos app.



3. I wrote down 10 words that came to me. (Beforehand, I thought it would be random words - maybe next time!).
Redwood tree
Misty breath
Saturated ground
Crumpled leaves
Clear sky

4. Took some photos in the garden


I’ll send the recording & photos from my phone. The 10 is for the date. Next month it’ll be 8. I like keeping track of the full moon day -uposatha practice in Buddhism.

I was kind of busy - haha! Maybe next time will be more contemplative!
--Nancy Beckman

No comments: