dailybell: I MISSED THE SUNRISE THIS MORNING

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I MISSED THE SUNRISE THIS MORNING

May 15
I missed the sunrise by 40 minutes. The alarm was set, but the ringer was OFF. My reaction surprised me. This didn't disappoint me as much as I imagined it could have. Neither did I think the whole project was now ruined. I just made an immediate shift to thinking about this day in particular. May 15th. What else happened on May 15th? In general, this is not an important thing, but in terms of a daily vow, it is. So I am treating the occasion seriously and want to mark it by observing the day and associating with other events that occurred on May 15th. What has happened that you remember that makes May 15th special in some way? Or how about something that this reminds you of? Big things and small? Personal and historical? It makes me realize that there is something more important going on here for me than vigilance and a perfect record.

No comments: