dailybell: Forgot To Remember

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Forgot To Remember

I missed the sunset by 2 minutes this evening. At first I kicked myself for not remembering to set the alarm I have been using to give myself a 10-minute warning for the sunrise and sunsets each day. Then I realized that I had been using bells to remind me to ring bells so that I would pay attention to the present. It makes some sense that I to do that in the morning when I am unconscious before the alarm goes off. However, in the evening I am awake. Since the point is to pay attention to a very specific moment in time, it seems odd that I use an alarm to remind myself.

So I was happy to only miss the sunset by 2 minutes. It could have been dark before I noticed. I'm a little afraid to rely on my ability to pay attention and be aware of the sunset each day, but maybe I'll be brave and do that from now on.

No comments: